Gratitude is at the heart of the Thanksgiving Season. There is no better time than the Thanksgiving Holiday to express our appreciation to friends, family, and clients. So, we begin this holiday at Gavrilov & Co with a Thanksgiving salute of gratitude.
Gratitude and Thanksgiving Holiday Wishes
Both our Gavrilov Tax Squad and our Gavrilov Executive Accounting Division choose this time of year to thank you. We thank you for your business, your trust, and your loyalty. And, we appreciate the way your business honors our honesty and integrity.
The Gavrilov Gratitude Attitude–Even in a Rush
As we said, only a year ago, Holiday blogs can be awkward. They might seem cliche or condescending, sentimental or simply superfluous.
But Thanksgiving is one of our favorite times of the year. “In busy holiday times, we often become so focused on the jobs, goals, and deadlines needed to create the holiday, that we lose the spirit of the holiday itself.
Thus, it sometimes seems like we often forget to thank people just for being in our lives. So this year we have made a pledge. We want to thank all the forgotten people who have contributed to our success here in Manhattan and throughout the New York City Area.
We Salute You with Our Accountant’s Annual Look at Thanksgiving By the Numbers
Just for fun, we blend the heart-felt good nature of the holiday and our fascination with numbers into a few facts, statistics and favorite numbers behind this famous holiday
1. 151 Million Holiday Shoppers: According to the National Retail Federation, this is the number of folks who shopped either in stores or online as a part of their Thanksgiving Holiday last year.
2. 244.0 Million Record Raising Turkeys: The latest number of turkeys counted. Statistics available state that Farmers raised 244.0 million turkeys in the United States in 2016.
3. $2.983 Billion Dollars: This number accounts for the amount of money the U.S. will spend, one way or another, on Thanksgiving Dinner. (This accounts for meals other than turkey.)
The Turkey Day Update:
The University of Illinois Extension reports that $2.983 Billion Dollars this year. But we will spend less money doing so.
“Last year, this equated to an expected 279 million Americans gathering to enjoy this yearly feast. For 2019, expect to see an increase of 10.6 million turkey lovers.
Finder crunched some turkey day numbers in order to find out how much Americans are expected to spend on turkey this coming Thanksgiving in comparison with last year.”
Finally, they “estimated a total of $976.9 million being spent on turkey last year. This year, our estimates show that Americans are expected to spend only $968.8 million even though the number of turkeys being consumed is likely to increase.”
This is based on a projection that 16 lb turkeys will cost $21.06 this year, and the economy has improved.
Last but not least in our list of Turkey related trivia, “the Guinness Book of Records states that the greatest dressed weight for a turkey is 39.09 kg (That’s 86 pounds!) This Thanksgiving prize-winning bird was named and recorded as champion “heaviest turkey” in London, England, Dec.12,1989.” No turkey has yet beaten this record.
More Happy Thanksgiving Trivia: The Gavrilov Gratitude Salutes
1. 3.1 billion Sweet Potato Casseroles: The US produced 3.1billion pounds of sweet potatoes produced by in 2015.
2. Believe it or not. There are 4 major places in the United States named after everyone’s favorite US holiday bird? Thus, we send off a big Gavrilov Gratitude Day salute to Turkey Creek, Arizona; Turkey, Texas; Turkey Creek village, Louisiana; and Turkey, North Carolina.
3. And there are 2 places named after that sweet, sweet canned relish. Yes, there are two Cranberry townships in Pennsylvania. So, Gavrilov & Co. salutes Pennsylvania!
More Magical Numbers Meriting the Gavrilov Gratitude Salute
- 4,500: This shocking number is your calorie account! Yes, 4,500 is the average amount of calories each American will consume at a traditional Thanksgiving feast.
- 50,000: At least this number of live viewers will see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. And millions more will watch it on TV. We would be remiss if we did not give this amazing spectacle a special Salute to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. We hope you’re watching with us on NBC television. That’s the date when this year’s extravaganza marches through our very own Gavrilov & Co Manhattan area. Celine Dione, Chicago, and Chris Janson will be there. They, as well as a host of Broadway stars, will accompany the floats and balloons in this classic American opening of the Holiday season.
A Tax-free Thank You and Tax-Free Thoughts on Thanksgiving
Please consider this Thank You Blog as a Thank You Card. We are using the day to celebrate gratitude for all the little things that we never mention. We give thanks for the many gifts of life and love. First and foremost, we are thankful to have the day to enjoy. We’re thankful for the time to relax and catch up with family and friends. Finally, we remind ourselves that the attitude of gratitude means taking off some time, every day to actually count our blessings.
Our Gavrilov & Co salute to Thanksgiving reminds us that “Gladness and joy shall abide there, Thanksgiving and the sound of music.” (Isaiah 51:3)
Gavrilov & Co states for the record, that gratitude is more than a holiday attitude; it’s a year-round spirit.